Bonfires Mod 1.12.2/1.10.2 brings bonfires from the Dark Souls games to Minecraft. For those who have not played the Souls games, bonfires act like checkpoints which can be teleported to and will heal the player.
In this mod these bonfires can be created and named which then can be used to travel to any other bonfire in any dimension even mod dimensions. Using a bonfire will also set your spawn location like a bed.
It also adds the Estus Flask, which is essentially a multi use healing potion which is restored when using a bonfire.
The Coiled Sword, which is a component of bonfires, can be used as a sword which will set mobs on fire.
There are also 2 items which can be used to return to your spawn point, the Homeward Bone and the Coiled Sword Fragment.
Creating a bonfire
- You can get started with the mod without the need of looking at anything else just get killed by a mob to unlock the first advancement, which will guide you to the everything else in the mod and unlocking recipes for the recipe book.
You can see all these recipes inside the recipe book.
To create a bonfire you need 2 items. A Pile of Bone and Ash and a Coiled Sword.
The Pile of Bone and Ash can be crafted like so, you can leave the top row empty and use the bottom row instead:
The items in the top are homeward bones. These are used to return to your spawn point but are consumed on use. Your spawn point is stored per dimension.
The items in the bottom are Piles of Ash which have a chance to drop from mobs when burnt to death.
Homeward Bones are crafted like so, this recipe is shapeless:
The Coiled Sword can be crafted like so:
Once you have both place the Pile of Bone and Ash on the ground and then right click it with the Coiled Sword. This will place the coiled sword on the pile creating a bonfire. Now to light the bonfire you simply right click the bonfire which will then allow you to name the bonfire. When naming the bonfire there is also the option to set the bonfire as private which will hide the bonfire from other players so they can’t travel to it but can travel from it.
However, since bonfires are like teleporters they are only really useful if you make 2 of them.
If you destroy a bonfire it will drop a Coiled Sword Fragment which acts just like the Homeward Bone but is not consumed. It can also be used to create a Coiled Sword for less materials, this recipe is shapeless.
The Estus Flask when crafted has 3 uses which can be increased using Estus Shards. To reinforce the Estus Flask simply right click while holding an Estus Shard with the Estus Flask in your inventory. Drinking the Estus Flask will heal 3 hearts.
The Estus Flask is crafted like so, this recipe is shapeless:
And Estus Shards are crafted like so, this recipe is shapeless:
Lastly Ash Blocks can be crafted which act exactly like sand, this recipe is actually also shapeless but there’s no way to tell that!
And of course a block will create 9 Piles of Ash, this recipe is shapeless
There are currently 2 commands added by Bonfires both of which are admin commands
This command is used to display the bonfires in the world based on the filters given to it.
Bonfires are displayed in the chat with the name, UUID, owner and position
The filters include:
- all – this filter takes no parameters, and will display every bonfire in the world. ex. /bonfires all
- dim – this filter requires the dimension ID as a parameter and will display every bonfire in the given dimension. ex. /bonfires dim 0
- name – this filter requires the name as a parameter and will display every bonfire that contains the given name in its name. ex. /bonfires name bonfire
- owner – this filter requires the owner as a parameter and will display every bonfire created by the given owner. ex. /bonfires owner Wehavecookies56
- radius – this filter requires the block radius as a parameter and will display every bonfire within the given radius of blocks. ex. /bonfires radius 10
This command will teleport the user of the command to the bonfire with the given UUID
The UUID of a bonfire can be found either using the /bonfires command or by hovering over the name of the bonfire in the travel menu in the bonfire GUI
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Bonfires Mod 1.12.2/1.10.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.10.2
Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2
For Minecraft 1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12
Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2